Essentials v.2 Ultra Light Jiu Jitsu Gi
- The best and only BRAND NAME gi at this price point is now better than ever. If you have already bought one of our gi's before and are looking to buy another, please check the new size chart as we have updated our size guide
- No more shrinking! The Essentials v.2 is the only ultra light weight gi on the market that is preshrunk. You do not need to worry about the old days of gis shrinking, because now you can wash the Essentials v.2 gi in cold water and hang dry without the gi becoming smaller. Note that if you intentionally want the gi to shrink you can wash it in hot water and put it in the dryer but even then you will still only get minimal shrinkage
- New size chart to accommodate most body types. Our gi has a tapered athletic cut without all the excess gi material and bagginess of a traditional martial arts gi. If you already own our original Essentials gi, or Highlights Pro gi and are looking to buy v.2, please check the new size chart as we have updated our size guide
- Light weight fabric is perfect for summer training, competitions, or just because you want a light comfortable gi. Our single weave gi is more durable than other single weave kimonos
- Antimicrobial and Anti Odor treatment has been applied to our gi fabric which helps to reduce the spread of bacterial and fungal infections, as well as odor
New to Jiu Jitsu and looking to buy your first gi? Overwhelmed with so many different options available on the market? Eliminate all the confusion by picking the Essentials v.2 Ultra Light Jiu Jitsu Gi from Sanabul. This is an advanced and improved version of the previous Essentials Jiu Jitsu Gi offered by Sanabul, now with increased comfort to ensure that your training is a rewarding experience every single time.
People often end up buying gis designed for other martial arts, like Taekwondo, Karate, Judo, etc. when they are looking to buy a Jiu Jitsu gi. However, it is important to know that the gis for Jiu Jitsu are different than the gis used in other martial arts, as Jiu Jitsu involves a lot of grabbing and pulling. Accordingly, the material used for Jiu Jitsu gis is far more durable compared to gis for other martial arts. While Judo gis are durable, they fit much looser than jiu jitsu gis, thus offering a gripping advantage to one’s opponent if worn for jiu jitsu.
The Essentials v.2 Jiu Jitsu Gi from Sanabul is made from highly durable material to make sure that it lasts a long time. It is available in many different sizes and has a form fitting design to make sure that your opponents get as little grip as possible. Features of the Essentials v.2 Ultra Light Jiu Jitsu Gi include:
Jiu Jitsu practitioners have long struggled with gis shrinking. We have made sure that problem is effectively eliminated with this new jiu jitsu Gi from Sanabul. A unique pre-shrunk material has been used in the construction of this all-new jiu jitsu gi to make sure that our customers do not experience the shrinking problem.
You can simply wash the gi in cold water and hang dry it, and it won’t shrink. However, if you want to intentionally shrink the gi, you can wash it in hot water and then dry it in a machine dryer. The hottest setting in both the washer and dryer will shrink the gi about 2-3 inches in length and also make it tighter everywhere in the body.
Light Weight Fabric:
The fabric used for creating this new gi, in addition to being highly durable, is light weight to ensure maximum comfort. Even if you are training in summer months, you can rest assured that you will be as comfortable as possible. Moreover, the uniform goes through an anti-odor and antimicrobial treatment to help reduce the spread of fungal and bacterial infections, as well as odor.
Tapered Athletic Cut:
Unlike traditional martial arts gis, this new gi from Sanabul has a tapered athletic cut to eliminate all the bagginess which actually offers better grip to your opponents. Moreover, in addition to jiu jitsu, it can also be used for Judo.
Every single aspect of this Essentials v.2 Ultra Light Jiu Jitsu Gi has been carefully thought out to make sure that your jiu jitsu training is comfortable and rewarding. Moreover, we have also updated our size chart to accommodate most body types. If you already own the previous version of this gi and are planning to buy the v.2 also, make sure that you check the new size chart to pick the right size as per your body dimensions.
More from this collection
- Performance Engineered Leather construction. High quality and durable material is easier to clean and maintain
- Gel Impact Protection Foam
- Longitudinal Arch Design
- Secure Velcro Closure System
- Mesh Palm
- Hand-Shaped Mould
- Santec Ultra Light Foam
- High quality and durable material is easier to clean and maintain
- Half Ball Palm Grip
- Mesh Backing with Adjustable Wrist Strap
- One of the most versatile gloves you can in the market.
- Performance Engineered Leather construction
- Durasoft Impact Protection Foam
- Secure Velcro Closure System
- Sanabul Essential MMA Grappling glove is great for mixed martial arts training
- Performance Engineered Leather construction.
- Durasoft Impact Protection Foam.
- Innovative Velcro Closure System
- Antimicrobial treatment to help reduce bacterial and fungal growth. This will help prevent the spread of bacterial and fungal infections between you and your training partners. It will also extend the life span of the rash guard
- Ventilated mesh underarm area to help disperse heat
- UV SPF 50 protection for when you want to wear your bjj rash guard while surfing or during any other activity outdoors.
- 4way stretch material with graduated compression in the arms and upper torso for improved blood flow throughout muscles. This rashguard is great for MMA, BJJ, Cross training, surfing or any other exercise.
- IBJJF ( International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation ) competition approved.
- Kickboxing or MMA shin guards? Why choose between the two when we have designed the Sanabul Essential Hybrid Shin Guards to be as comfortable as MMA shin guards but also have the protection and feel of traditional kickboxing or Muay Thai shin guards
- Enhanced protection. Sanabul one piece High-Impact protection foam was specially developed to protect your shins during sparring. Articulated in-step padding ergonomically contours to your foot
- No need to keep adjusting shin guards during training. Neoprene slip on design with top leg fastener and proprietary mid leg fastener ensures a comfortable fit and minimizes shin guard movement
- High durability. Essential Hybrid shin guards are triple-stitched throughout the entire shin guard for added reinforcement and durability
- Available in 3 sizes.
- XS: common size for children or individuals less than 110 lbs
- S/M: most commonly used by individuals less than 5'10" in height
- L/XL: most commonly used by individuals taller than 5'10" in height