Essentials v.2 Ultra Light Jiu Jitsu Gi
- Just What You Need: We designed the Essentials Series to set the bar high for what you can expect from a gi. Quality construction, stylish design, and incredible value. It's what makes this our bestselling gi, and a brand name recognized around the world.
- Pre-Shrunk: The Essentials v.2 is the only ultra light weight gi on the market that is preshrunk. No more guessing or buying a size up, just wash in cold water and hang dry. Still want to shrink it? You can! Wash in hot water and throw in the dryer to shrink ever so slightly.
- The Perfect Fit: We made this gi to set the standard for a tight fitting, ultra lightweight gi. And athletic cut means close cuffs and no baggy areas. Our lightweight material means you can move (and breathe) more freely than with big heavy judo-style gi.
- Lighter, Faster, Better: We've hit the perfect balance of a lightweight gi that will keep you agile, with a strong enough weave that it'll hold up under heavy use and aggressive grips.
- Will Stay Cleaner, Longer: We took the extra steps of treating our Essentials gi with anti-microbial and anti-odor agents. This will keep your gi in your rotation for years, not months.
Each year, tens of thousands of people with take their first jiu-jitsu class. A good portion of them will be starting their journey in a Sanabul Essentials gi.
And there's a reason.
Sanabul is the gold standard in value and quality for entry level gi. We pack premium features into our gear that other manufacturers charge a premium price for. We finish it with our signature Sanabul design principles of vibrant colors and a clean look. In short, it's just what you need to start your journey with confidence.
Sanabul is out to solve a problem: People often start jiu-jitsu with gi designed for judo, tae kwon do, or karate. While often cheaper, these gi are poorly designed for the heavy contact of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and will ultimately end up costing more as you quickly replace them.The Essentials v.2 Jiu Jitsu Gi from Sanabul is made from highly durable material to make sure that it lasts a long time. It is available in many different sizes and has a form fitting design to make sure that your opponents get as little grip as possible. All at a value that rivals traditional uniforms. Features of the Essentials v.2 Ultra Light Jiu Jitsu Gi include:
Jiu Jitsu practitioners have long struggled with gis shrinking. Sanabul has tackled this problem with a unique pre-shrunk material that takes the guesswork out of sizing. Check our sizing chart, buy your gi. That's how it should be.
You can simply wash the gi in cold water and hang dry it, and it won’t shrink. However, if you want to intentionally shrink the gi, you can wash it in hot water and then dry it in a machine dryer. The hottest setting in both the washer and dryer will shrink the gi about 2-3 inches in length and also make it tighter everywhere in the body.
Light Weight Fabric:
Heavy gi tops and pants reduce movement and pack in your body heat. Up until now, they've been a necessity because of their durability. Our Sanabul team went back to the drawing board to create a lightweight gi with stitching every bit as strong as the big boys. The fabric used for creating this new gi, in addition to being highly durable, is light weight to ensure maximum comfort. Even if you are training in summer months, you can rest assured that you will be as comfortable as possible. Moreover, the uniform goes through an anti-odor and antimicrobial treatment to help reduce the spread of fungal and bacterial infections, as well as odor.
Tapered Athletic Cut:
Most martial arts favor baggy gi, but the grip heavy nature of BJJ makes loose fabric a problem when sparring. Our tapered cut will feel better and make gripping your cuffs, lapel, and pant legs more difficult.
Every single aspect of this Essentials v.2 Ultra Light Jiu Jitsu Gi has been carefully thought out to make sure that your jiu jitsu training is comfortable and rewarding. Moreover, we have also updated our size chart to accommodate most body types. If you already own the previous version of this gi and are planning to buy the v.2 also, make sure that you check the new size chart to pick the right size as per your body dimensions.
More from this collection
- What's In Your Core? You've put the time and sweat into your training, now it's time to step up you game. The Core Series gi was made for players that are ready for a premium feel at an accessible price. The perfect upgrade from our Essentials Series
- Trusted by Professionals: From pro athletes like IBJJF Champion Guilherme "Bomba" Vasconcelos, to legendary coaches like John Danaher. Sanabul is a brand you will find on elite athletes.
- The Perfect Fit: Stop worrying about you sizing. The Core Gi is the only competition light weight gi on the market that is preshrunk. Note that if you intentionally want the gi to shrink you can wash it in hot water and put it in the dryer.
- Unique Size Chart: to accommodate most body types. Our gi has a tapered athletic cut without all the excess gi material and bagginess of a traditional martial arts gi. If you already own our original Essentials gi and are looking to buy the Core Gi, please check the new size chart as we have updated our size guide.
- Competition Ready: There's nothing worse than getting stopped at the uniform checkout station. Core Series gi will pass all the measurements of IBJJF rules. They're also IBJJF approved colors (White, Blue and Black). Please note the Grey variation is not IBJJF competition approved. Please refer to specific IBJJF rule book for specifics.
- The Perfect Fit: We shaped our Highlights gi for the best possible fit on a child. This includes our unique sizing chart and special pre-shrunk fabric that takes the guesswork out of sizing.
- Kid-Friendly Features: We put special care into our lightweight design so your kids won’t feel weighed down, and we also swapped out a drawstring waistband for an elastic one that you’ll never need to retie.
- Reinforced Double Stitching: Don’t underestimate your kid’s ability to ruin their uniforms! We didn’t, so we put stronger stitching in the top and pants. This gi is as hardy as they come.
- Let Sanabul Take the Journey With You: Nothing is more symbolic in martial arts than the belt that will be with you for years at a time. It’s our honor to have students wear the Sanabul name on their belts, which is why we take the design and construction seriously.
- Made To Be Used, Not Just Worn: Our cotton belts are not just for show. We made them with 100% cotton and thickness so practitioners can grip, use, and abuse them on the matts.
- Stays Cleaner, Longer: Don’t like washing your belt? We’ve put special anti-microbial and anti-odor treatment on our pro belts to keep them fresh.